Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions set out in this agreement (“Terms”), govern your access to and use of the Parenting Ideas websites and services (“Services”), and any information, text, graphics, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (“Content”).
Permission to access and use the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Changes to Terms
You understand that the Services which Parenting Ideas provides will go through periods of development and improvement, and the form and nature of the Services may change from time to time, without notice. Furthermore, Parenting Ideas may cease (permanently or temporarily) to provide the Services (or any features within the Services) and may not be able to provide you with prior notice.
Accepting the Terms
Eligibility & Address
- You must use your real name and provide your current address when you register
- If you are registering as a personal customer, this is your residential or postal address
- If you are registering as a school, this is the street or postal address of the school, as well as your residential or personal postal address. Your home or personal postal address will be collected and used for any personal purchases you make.
- You confirm that information provided to Parenting Ideas is current and accurate at the time of providing the information
- Parenting Ideas may use the information provided by you as part of the registration process to verify the accuracy of that information (including contacting you using this information)
- To register a school with Parenting Ideas you are required to provide your school’s contact information
- You must not share your account password
- You may not use your personal Member account for commercial gain (i.e. pyramid selling schemes)
- Parenting Ideas reserves the right to refuse or discontinue any Member account registration
Login Information & Security
You are responsible for protecting the password that is associated with your Parenting Ideas account. Please use a “strong” password (a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Parenting Ideas cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from failure of safeguarding passwords.
Any use of Parenting Ideas (e.g. changing your account settings) using your Account will be understood to be your use. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your username and/or password.
No data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
You are responsible for upholding the confidentiality of your Login Information and are responsible for all uses of the Login Information, whether or not authorised by you. In the event that you become aware of any breach of security, including but not limited to, any loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure of the Login Information, you must notify Parenting Ideas immediately.
Member Accounts are automatically set up to receive email communications from Parenting Ideas. We may continue to provide this information to you until you indicate otherwise. You may opt out of receiving certain email communication by unsubscribing via the unsubscribe link provided in the email or by contacting us here. Parenting Ideas may need to provide you with certain communications such as membership provisions, service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are part of the Services of your Parenting Ideas account, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving.
Sale of Goods or Services
Unless otherwise stipulated by us, any sale of goods or services from the sites is subject to the following conditions:
All prices quoted on the Parenting Ideas website are in Australian dollars and include GST unless otherwise indicated.
Returns of physical goods are not accepted except in the cases of incorrect deliveries, resources damaged in transit, or faulty printing. Notification of incorrect supply should be made within 14 days of the invoice date. Authority to return goods should be obtained from Parenting Ideas before returning goods. Returned goods will be replaced at the expense of Parenting Ideas. Any shipping costs incurred by the purchaser supplied the incorrect delivery address shall be carried by the purchaser.
In line with consumer law, refunds are available if the item purchased doesn’t do what you’d reasonably expect it to or it isn’t of acceptable quality. Refunds for change of mind purchases will not be provided.
Postage time frames
Orders that need to be posted via mail will be dispatched within five days, when stock is available. If stock is unavailable, the purchaser will be contacted by email and notified of the expected delivery date. The option will be provided to cancel if the order can’t be fulfilled within 15 working days.
Use of parenting resources (online shop)
Parenting resources for sale on the Parenting Ideas website online shop are designed for individual use and are priced accordingly. Resources in this shop such as courses, webinars, developmental planners, skill builders and electronic guides are to be used by individual purchasers only and are not to be copied, shared with or viewed by groups, businesses or community organisations. See our copyright statement for more information.
Use of parenting resources (school memberships)
Parenting resources housed in the online membership portal for schools may be shared by a school with an active Parenting Ideas membership. This includes schools with an active Premium Membership, Parent Support Membership or Small School membership. See our copyright statement for more information.
Purchase of a Membership
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers and employees harmless from any claims, actions, costs (including legal costs) or losses by us or any third party due to, or arising out of:
- Reasonable reliance by us or any third party upon any acts carried out, requests made or information provided through the use of your Member Account (including your username and/or password);
- Your breach of any of these Terms; or
- Any conduct of yours or any transaction entered into by you that does not comply with the relevant law or infringes any third party right, including intellectual property rights.
Parenting Ideas is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Services is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by law, we make no assurances:
- That Parenting Ideas will meet your requirements, including fitness for purpose;
- That operation of the Services will be uninterrupted, secure or error–free;
- That monitoring of conduct of Member activity will prevent all Inappropriate Conduct;
- Regarding any Content submitted by any other Member;
- Concerning third party information – while we will not knowingly provide incorrect information we may not be able to verify all third party information on Parenting Ideas and so you should not rely on it without first making your own enquiries. We do not guarantee or endorse the accuracy of any third party information;
- That any feature of Parenting Ideas will continue to be provided;
- Concerning any site or resources made available on Parenting Ideas, including any direct links to a website not owned by Parenting Ideas Parenting Ideas makes no representations about third party operated websites and, if you visit a linked website, you will be subject to the terms of that website and any dealing will be solely between you and that other website. These links do not imply our endorsement of that other website or product or service or any association with their operators unless this is specifically stated on the Website.
- You acknowledge and agree that Parenting Ideas is not responsible or a party to any transaction or arrangement that you choose to enter into with any third party. Any transactions or arrangements entered into by you are at your own risk.
- Where any dispute arises between you and another user of Parenting Ideas you agree in good faith to attempt to resolve the dispute amicably by informal means, before pursuing any further formal action. You acknowledge that we will not be a party to any such dispute.
You or we may terminate this agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Parenting Ideas has the right to terminate any Member accounts, with immediate effect, in the event of any conduct by the Member which we consider to be unacceptable, or in the event of a failure by the Member to comply with any of these Terms.
The name ‘Parenting Ideas’ is a Registered/Protected trademark.
Parenting Ideas does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the service is free of viruses or other harmful components.
Parenting Ideas expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of use, and non-infringement.
You expressly understand and agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country, state or territory determined solely by Parenting Ideas to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms or related to your use of the Parenting Ideas website. If the court of law having jurisdiction rules that any provision of the agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms and the remaining Terms and Conditions will be valid in full force and effect.
While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of the data within this product, the owners of the data do not make any representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and, to the extent permitted by law, the owners of the data disclaim all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damages) and costs which might be incurred as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason.
Third Party Trademarks
Facebook and the Facebook logo are trademarks of Facebook.
Twitter and the Twitter logo are trademarks of Twitter.
The contents of this website are protected by copyright law. You can view our full statement on Copyright & Reproduction.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement may only be modified as set forth herein.
This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Parenting Ideas, and supersedes any prior agreements. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.