Team teaching is fast being recognised as a great way to increase teacher effectiveness and make teaching more sustainable for teachers. While the educational benefits of team teaching are well established, teachers involved in teaching teams face a number of challenges such as building trust, planning cooperatively and working collaboratively. In this webinar Karen Tui Boyes presents the six widely accepted models of team teaching used in classrooms and provides a roadmap that teachers can use to begin the team teaching process.
Key learning and discussion points include:
- The difference between team teaching and co-teaching
- The many benefits that teaching as a team brings to teachers and students
- The pitfalls to avoid when teaching as an educational team
- The different team teaching models and how teachers can choose the models that are right for them
- How educators can maintain strong working relationships with their teaching team members
- The nine essential strategies that will help make team teaching successful and enjoyable for teachers and students