Our emotions are a big part of what makes us human. Emotions influence attention, memory, and learning, decision-making, health, and creativity. Our own attitudes about emotions get passed along to children, who learn by taking their cues from their parents, teachers and other role models. In this webinar by internationally acclaimed emotional intelligence expert Professor Marc Brackett educators will learn how to develop the skills of emotional intelligence in students using RULER, an evidence-based systematic approach to social and emotional learning.
Key learning and discussion points include:
- An introduction to emotion science
- The latest research on the emotional states of children and adults
- How emotional intelligence benefits people’s lives
- The RULER method – the five skills of emotional intelligence
- Embedding the skills and practices of social and emotional learning into schools
- Practical tools and strategies to develop your own emotional intelligence in order to achieve greater personal and professional success