There is strong evidence that parent engagement in a child’s education is associated with improved learning, wellbeing and academic outcomes. These relationships don’t happen by accident. It takes teachers and schools to implement intentional relationship-building strategies. In this webinar Michael Grose introduces a partnership framework that can be used in all educational settings.
Key learning and discussion points include:
- Developing a client care strategy that builds and sustains long-term relationships
- How teachers can engage parents in their child’s learning
- Building confidence to conduct sensitive conversations with parents about their children’s learning, wellbeing and behaviour
- Effective methods to support parents with many of their common parenting and family issues
- Techniques to overcome parent negativity and turn adversaries into advocates for the teacher and school