The development of children’s leadership capacities begins in primary school when teachers nurture leadership skills and attributes in their students. An effective student leadership program plays a significant role in establishing a culture of care, empathy and personal responsibility within a school. This results in more teaching time, less problems in the school yard and a happy school environment. In this webinar, Michael Grose shows teachers the domains of leadership and how to bring leadership development into classroom life.
Key learning and discussion points include:
- the key elements of an effective leadership program
- why emotional intelligence is an essential leadership capacity to develop
- the habits of the mind that contribute to effective leadership and how to encourage them in students
- why mentoring and modelling are an essential part of student leadership development
- how to engage parents and carers in your leadership program