Information we collect
The type of information that Parenting Ideas collects and holds will depend on the nature of your involvement with us.
Parenting Ideas collects non-personal information in aggregate form to track data such as (but not limited to), the total number of visits to our Service, the number of visits to specific areas of our Service, the sources of referral to our Service, and devices used to access our Service.
We use ‘cookies’ in our website systems. You are able to disable cookies via your computer’s web browser however this may restrict access to some web pages and services within the Parenting Ideas website.
We use aggregated information (which remains in aggregate form) to understand how our visitors use our Service so that we can constantly improve and enhance our services. We may also share this information with our partners where such information will benefit any collaborative purpose.
We also use this information to tailor our products and those of our Members and partners.
Depending on the reason for collecting the personal information, the personal information that we collect may include (but is not limited to) name, age, residential address, suburb, postcode, phone number, email address, credit card details, place/school of employment. We will endeavour to only ask for your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for the products/services that you are seeking to be involved in.
We will endeavour wherever practicable to collect personal information directly from you. Consent will usually be provided in writing however sometimes it may be provided orally or may be implied through your conduct.
Generally, Parenting Ideas does not collect ‘sensitive information’ about you. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion, membership of a professional or trade association, your medical history and your sexual orientation. Parenting Ideas will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Parenting Ideas will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
How we collect Personal Information
Information is collected in a number of ways including from when you fill in a form, make an enquiry online, phone us, provide email correspondence, make a payment, attend a face-to-face presentation or conference, or engage with us on social media. Examples of this include:
- When you register for a Parenting Ideas course or event, we request your name, mailing/billing address, phone number and email address. We also need to know your credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfil your registration and notify you of your registration status. Credit card details are destroyed once processing is completed.
- If you purchase our resources, we ask for your name, address, email and telephone number so that we can arrange delivery and contact you if there is any problem with your order.
- If you subscribe to our free email newsletter/s we ask for your name and email address.
- When you sign-up for a Schools membership with Parenting Ideas we request your first name, last name, email address, personal address, phone number, school name, billing contact name, billing contact email address, school phone number, school address, and school level. We also need to know your credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfil your registration and notify you of your registration status. Credit card details are destroyed once processing is completed. Should you wish to add ‘teachers’ to your membership their first name, last name and email address will be required. Teachers can be added and removed from an account at any time. It is the responsibility of the account creator to manage teacher account permissions.
How we use Personal Information
We use personal information collected about Members and other Users:
- To facilitate registration of our customers
- To enable you to complete functions facilitated through our Services
- For the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected
- For a purpose for which you have consented
- To occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the website, services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable
Who we disclose information to and why
Parenting Ideas will disclose your personal information if it is necessary to permit us to provide our Services as you have requested. Parenting Ideas may also disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems. Parenting Ideas does not provide your personally identifiable information to third party marketers.
Where your personal information is passed onto third party contractors, Parenting Ideas takes reasonable steps to ensure that these individuals and/or organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Other than as outlined above, Parenting Ideas will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law, or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
How we protect Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect personal information under its control from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We protect personal information in a number of ways including securely storing paper records, using professional software systems, and password restricted access. We also have procedures in place in relation to archiving, destruction and storage of personal information.
While there is always some risk involved with transmitting information over the internet, we strive to protect against the misuse of any personal information that we receive from you via our website. Parenting Ideas data is protected by industry standard encryption. This technology ensures the safe transmission of all data, including personal information. By taking such measures, Parenting Ideas customers can feel secure in the knowledge that their data is protected.
When you register for an Event, apply for Membership or purchase resources online, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology will ensure your information is protected. SSL encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the information we collect online is protected against unauthorised access.
Parenting Ideas will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
How to access your Personal Information
You may update or change the information you have provided to us by either emailing us at email@example.com, writing to us at PO Box 167 Balnarring Victoria, Australia, 3926 or by accessing and updating your personal information via the dashboard at any time.
Links to other websites
Parenting Ideas Services may contain links to other websites. Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Parenting Ideas of the content, policies or practices of those third-party websites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
Resolving your privacy concerns and complaints
If you have any questions relating to this policy, or wish to lodge a complaint please contact us in writing. We will investigate the complaint and report back to you as soon as practicable.
If you are not satisfied with the response you can refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.