A single 90 minute presentation delivered by one speaker. Choose from one of two presentations:
Delivered by: Dr Jodi Richardson
When a child experiences anxiety it can be really hard for parents and teachers to understand what’s happening and how best to respond.
In this presentation, Dr Jodi Richardson
- helps parents and teachers to recognise and understand anxiety
- helps parents and teachers to understand how anxiety affects learning and happiness
- provides helpful steps to lessen the impact of anxiety on a child and their family
Parenting for Resilience
Delivered by: Michael Grose
Life throws kids curve balls all the time. How they handle these ups and downs depends on many factors, including their own spirit, the support they receive and their coping skills. The family, school and wider environment also impacts on a child’s innate resilience.
In this presentation, Michael Grose
- gives attendees an understanding of the importance of resilience
- explores the traits of resilience that parents and teachers can promote
- reveals the parenting style best suited to resilience promotion
- discusses practical coping skills and resilience-promoting strategies