A single 90 minute presentation delivered by either Michael Grose or Dr Jodi Richardson.
How children can turn their anxiety into resilience
Anxiety amongst children and young people is on the rise. Research informs us that anxiety left unmanaged in childhood will almost always reoccur in adulthood. Fortunately, there’s so much we can do to help kids turn their anxiousness into real, lifelong resilience.
In this presentation we
- explore the origins of anxiety and why we are in the grip of an epidemic
- show a new research-based approach to anxiety
- introduce the tools to develop in kids for self-regulation
- explain the importance of resilience promotion in kids and the critical traits and parenting teaching styles that contributes to resilience
- look at lifestyle factors that minimise anxiety
- show parents and teachers how to respond constructively to children’s anxious moments