Technology is an integral part of life for our children – it’s the portal for their leisure, learning and connection. However, digital technologies can also disrupt a child’s focus, put a dent in their learning and compromise their wellbeing. In this webinar, Dr Kristy Goodwin helps parents and carers understand why children and adolescents are vulnerable to digital distractions. She provides science-backed solutions to help kids and teens develop healthy digital behaviours so that they can focus, learn and thrive online.
Key learning and discussion points include:
- how long we should expect focused attention from children and teens
- the research behind why digital distractions are interfering with our children’s attention
- how some technologies have been intentionally designed to be captivating and alluring
- why banning technology isn’t the solution
- how to teach children and teens how to build a ‘fortress around their focus’ and leverage the benefits that technology offers them