Effective parents use more than one style when communicating with their families. They know how to alter their style to suit the situation. In this webinar, Michael Grose uses cat and dog metaphors to introduce parents to two diverse styles of parenting. This will increase their ability and confidence to manage, nurture and build relationships with their children. The cat-dog approach to parenting is fun, easy to use, respectful and maximises parent effectiveness in challenging situations.
Key learning and discussion points include:
- How parents can identify their natural style and work harmoniously with their partner and/or support networks
- Building confidence to manage children who relish getting their own way
- Constructive ways to adjust communication so that it meets the individual needs of children
- Effective methods to communicate with anxious children so they feel supported, safe and listened to
- Techniques to adapt parenting styles as children move into adolescence