You are not currently logged in
Have you tried these Thriving parenting ideas?
- Holding regular family meetings to involve kids more closely in the family enterprise and build a strong sense of belonging.
- Having a regular down day each week with little organised activity.
- Using a weekly chores roster that changes each week.
- Give kids regular pocket-money to give them greater freedom and independence.
- Have shared family meals each week with the television off.
- Ask each child about some activities they would enjoy doing with you.
- Teach your child something that they can’t do now. E.g doing up their shoelaces, how to use Facebook safely, driving lessons.
Want to find out more?
You’ve three options:
- Take my Thriving Parenting Audit and get a more in-depth look at your parenting style, your skills and your attitudes lie. Your partner can take it as well. The Thriving Parenting Audit is fantastic starting point for discussions about parenting. It also helps you get a better understanding of where partner is coming from so you can work from the same parenting song book. The audit contains 36 statements, and is divided into 6 important sections with scoring at the end of each section as well as providing an overall score. Normally priced at $39, this Thriving Parenting Audit is reduced to just $20 during May. Get it here.
- Subscribe to Happy Kids, my free email newsletter & get a FREE Chores and Responsibilities Guide for Kids with lots of great ideas about how to get kids to help at home. Subscribe here.
- Take a leisurely browse in our online shop for resources that’ll give your parenting a boost. Start with a visit the seminar section for a DVD of one of my popular seminars. Visit the programs section and check out the At Home Parenting Programs covering important parenting topics. There’s a variety to choose from. There’s also plenty of practical books and ebooks that are both full of interest as well as great ideas. Enjoy taking a browse.