Teen Talk: Parent Talk
It has been said that it takes a village to raise a child. In that case, it takes an entire city to raise a teen! Parenting a teenager can have its challenges, however the good news is that you are not alone in your parenting journey, and there is an abundance of collective wisdom that we can draw on.
In this highly practical book, parenting expert, author and educator Sharon Witt, shares her many years of experience immersed in teen world and offers sound, practical advice and strategies to help you better understand your teenager including:
• Understanding the key developmental stages of adolescence.
• Understanding different Parenting Styles and how yours might be influencing your teens behaviour
• Practical advice for helping your teen develop a positive self-image
• Peer Groups! Why friends are the most important part of your teen’s world
• Why every parent MUST become Cyber Savvy or risk being left in the dark when it comes to the on line world of your child!
• Practical strategies for helping your teenager successfully navigate their High School years