What types of children are bullied?
Often children are picked on or bullied because they make easy targets.
There is no profile of a typical child who is bullied, however, the children with the following characteristics tend to be bullied more than others:
• Children who look different
– small children, overweight kids or early maturing girls are often targeted by bullies.
• Children with poor body language
such as slumped shoulders or those who avoid eye contact.
• Children who have different interests
, or who excel in an area that has low social status.
• Those with poor social skills
, who wear their hearts on their sleeves or have few friends.
, non-assertive children.
• A mixture
of the above characteristics.