Kids are different today.
The approach to child-rearing needs to reflect the times in which we live. That may mean adopting your ideas to suit the times and your children.
Seven great tips for raising kids today
1. Communicate your confidence in kids.
2. Never regularly do for kids the things they can do for themselves.
3. Discipline with firmness, kindness and certainty.
4. Teach kids to do what’s right, not what’s easy.
5. Teach kids manners from the earliest possible age.
6. Look for teachable moments with kids.
7. Create opportunities for one-to-one time with kids.
There are 3 ways to stay up to date as a grandparent
to Happy Kids, our weekly newsletter full of tips and hints for raising and grandparenting today’s kids. It’s Free and you’ll find a sign-up box
on this page.
posts of my latest thoughts and ideas about today’s children.
one of the many resources here at Parentingideas to keep you up-to-date with parenting. I suggest you begin with Thriving!, my most recent book, which will bring you up-to-date with what kids need from the adults in their lives. You’ll find it in our shop. There are some suggested resources listed below.