A great quote can convey BIG thoughts and sentiments in just a few small words.
Here are twenty quotes about fathers that we here at Parentingideas think are worth sharing:
1. “I know what a good man is because I saw it in my father.” Raimond Gaita
2. "A father is someone who will play with you, even though he has friends his own age to play with.” Unknown
3.“If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.” Bruce Barton
4."Just do what we say, Dad, and no one will get hurt." Two daughters.
5."Your children need your presence more than your presents." Jesse Jackson
6."The fundamental defect of fathers is that they want their children to be a credit to them." Bertrand Russell
7.“One of the unseen benefits of having children is that they deliver you from your own selfishness. There’s no going back.” Martin Amis
8."What a father says to his children is not heard by the world: but it will be heard by posterity." Jean Paul Richter
9.“When you have kids, there’s no such thing as quality time. There’s just time. There’s no, ‘Ooh, his graduation’s better than going to the mall.’ It’s all kind of equal. Changing her diaper and her winning a contest — it’s all good.” Chris Rock
10.“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me.” Jim Valvano
11“Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every day.” Mike Myers
12.“A man knows he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” Gabriel Garcia Marquez
13.”When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." Mark Twain
14.“I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.” Harry S. Truman
15.“My sisters and I can still recite Dad’s grilling rules: Rule No. 1: Dad is in charge. Rule No. 2: Repeat Rule No. 1.” Connie Schultz
16. “My father taught me that the only way you can make good at anything is to practice, and then practice some more.” Pete Rose
17.“Before I got married I had six theories about raising children; now, I have six children and no theories.” John Wilmot
18.“He has always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch.” Chelsea Clinton
19. “I just sit there and make up songs and sing to [my son] in gibberish. I’m very good at gibberish now.” Elton John
20. " A (rad) dad is someone who carries a picture where his money used to be." Rad for a Dad
21. “The older I get the more I can see / How much he loved my mother and my brother and me / And he did the best that he could / And I only hope when I have my own family That everyday I see a little more of my father in me.” Keith Urban
Now be listen to Australia's own Keith Urban sing A Song for Dad.
There are plenty of ideas, strategies and advice to help men be great dads in Parentingideas Club.
Share this post!
Subscribe for Blog updates